اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ
If you asked me what is the thing that I do if I have free time, my answer would be watching Youtube and movies or dramas. I like watching people’s reaction on multicultural or even international things such as foods, places, ehem but mostly foods. I could list out the youtubers that I like to watch.
Korean Englishmen where they introduced Korean food and culture to their family members and friends. Nowadays they are in a series where they invited Korean celebrities so that they can learn and discover more about Korean culture. Like manners in eating, the story behind the food, their favourite personal food, manners when drinking etc. They also have another channel called Jolly where they called their viewers or subscribers as Jollybeans. These two channels are mainly hosted by Josh Carrot and Ollie Kendal. I’m not too sure with the spellings of their names though.
There are a lot of episodes (or series) that I have watched hundreds of times and I think I even recognized some of the regular people that they have in the channel. The theme that I always enjoy is the one where they bring the person to Korea and personally introduced them to the culture, live!
Whereas Jolly is more focusing on introducing the English culture or a mish mash in between the two. I am always amazed by the chemistry between the two hosts and their relationships with the people around them. I also thought that what an amazing life they have to be able to have a career that they both loves. You guys should go to their channel and watch their videos.
Other than that, I would also watch Josh’s wife; Gabie’s channel especially her one pan recipe. It’s really easy to follow and convenient. I personally think Sometimes her travel vlog is fun to watch as well.
Aside from that, I used to watch World of Dave, an American guy who have been living in Korea for quite a long time. He would have his friends; Erina, Vai and Jaein. I first stumbled upon his video on facebook (can’t remember when) about different pronunciation between 4 different languages. Since then, I have been following his updates where he brought his brother to try on Korean food, or challenging spicy food with his friends, trying out American breakfast, taste durian for the first time, taste test of Indonesian’s famous instant noodle or even try out snacks from different countries.
From there, I knew about Erina (The World of Erina) where I always, always watched her convenience store mukbang that she had whenever she’s back in Japan. She always makes the food looks so good and of course; the aftereffect is my grumbling stomach asking for food. Not forgetting her episodes with Dave reviewing her favourite Japanese snacks, matcha snacks, or the DIY Snacks.
Also, all the mukbang youtubers; Banzz, Hong Sound, Dorothy, Sini, Zach Choi, Yuka Kinoshita, Peggie Neo, FRAN, etc. As for ASMR, I love the daughter and mother duo Kim&Liz ASMR. I know it’s weird to know that I like watching this kind of videos. Personally, I love Korean food like rice cake, oden, kimchi, the stews etc and it is unbelievably expensive to find it here in Malaysia which means it is impossible to get it in regular basis. So, I find it helps to satisfy my cravings towards those kind of food by watching them eating it deliciously. Even more so with the addition of sounds. However, there are certain youtubers whom the way they sound when they eat makes me feel disgusted. Maybe it was the sloppiness or the mess that they made while eating. Of course, I won’t mention their name here since it is all my personal preferences.
Then, I come across Blimey channel where they interestingly introduce Malaysian’s food (for now). They are Koreans by the way. They have a fan base here in Malaysia. It’s always amazing for me to see foreigners reviewing our foods and snacks. Apparently, they like Milo and Mamak’s food. :’) They even tried fasting and celebrate Raya in Malaysia. Went to the hustle bustle Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and Chow Kit to find their pair of baju kurung.
GMM (Good Mythical Morning) is one of the American channels that I love to watch. Rhett and Link are the hosts. But I don’t think I really watched all of their videos. I like it when they did a taste test, or guessing which food comes from which countries, or guessing which food from which food chain. Some of their videos is about them eating something weird so that we, the viewers won’t have to do so. It’s interesting though to see that some food that we might think is the weirdest combination actually works. I’m also amused how bad Link’s skills in throwing the darts. They have their own brands, in which I can’t remember the names but you can buy shirts, mugs, caps etc from their store. They even do tour.
Nowadays, I like watching Buzzfeed video about snack swaps; again, about people changing reviews about the other person from different countries’ snacks. And of course, worth it – Lifestyle oh one of the hosts actually has been a guest to Korean Englishmen channel where they introduced one of the high-end restaurants for Korean BBQ. Recently, I love Inga videos where she tried to do an ancient snack like the Dragon’s beard as well as the sugar painting. She’s just too cute, so I have watched a few videos of hers. Then there’s Rie for Tasty. Of course, not forgetting the Try Guys whom their videos was viral where they try to experience the labour pain as well as period.
Shocked by the talents that Alvin Zhou had for Making It Big for BuzzFeedVideo. He is just super good in making a dream come true in term of eating giant food. It’s just amazing how he successfully creates a giant bowl of ramen, or even the jiggly Japanese cheesecake etc. There’s Alexis where she is challenged to cook 3 meal courses using weird appliances such as Iron, Coffee maker and even microwave. It’s amazing!
Not forgetting the reaction videos of a group of musicians on K-pop culture. K-pop by the way is Korean pop. It is a type of genre that are gaining a lot of attention these past few years. I like these group of people because I feel like they are genuinely voicing out their opinion on the music. I mean of course they also have their own bias groups but comparing them with other reactors, they are the best according to my opinion. They commented on how well the songs or key or tune are arranged, the kind of musical instruments used in the music video whereas most of the reactors are just fangirling the kpop groups. I find it amusing since I have no strong backgrounds in music.
As for Malaysian’s youtubers. I loved Says Seismik, Lobak Merah and World of Buzz. They did a lot of interesting activities that always brings back childhood memories or even testing my knowledge as Malaysians. Ehem.. I answered and even sing along together with them. ‘Sambung lagu itu’ is one of their activity contents. They did Lagu Raya, Nasyid, Siti Nurhaliza’s songs in which it is kind of frustrating to see some of them like stucked or even forgot the one sentence when they got everything right. Urgh. They tried to do something from different cultures since they are from different races.
Exploring Malaysian’s culture; teka nama kuih and it is just true that sometimes we just eat the kuih without even knowing the name of it. So this kind of videos are kind of informative too.
Alright, this has been a post about my personal facourite youtubers and the next posts would be about something else. It’s been long since I write anything so finding a topic that interests me might help to discover back my inner self in writings.
Till then, pray for me.
1 comment:
Buzzfeed unsolved channel is addictive too
Post a Comment