اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ
Hi everyone, finally I'm able to update my blog after a few attempts of updating this blog. It's been two days straight of not going anywhere and not even going out of my apartment. Nasib baik banyak barang rumah yang dah habis, so that the four of us are forced to go to Walmart untuk beli groceries. It has been a very unproductive holidays so far (well put aside the two videos that we took). My holidays were all about korean dramas, english movies, cooking, sleeping, beds, dancing, singing, laughing, unos, jengas, clues, airport, and eating. 'Productive'? I know right? HAHA. I think I have gained weight. I am so going to be on diet this semester. Haha, mana taknya, pukul 1 pagi still tak tidur instead we had a heavy supper, almost everyday. Then right after that semua duduk atas katil and watch movies. Haihh, menternak lemak je.
Okay, that's not my purpose of writing this entry. I was having brunch just now (yes I had brunch at 2 pm), then I remembered about my essay for Children's Literature.
Amy Popillion said something about how important reading at an early age was for children. And I wrote something about my habit (well precisely my siblings habit) of reading comics or novels in the toilet while doing number #2. HAHA. Okay, let us not focusing on that.
Sometimes, kena marah dengan Mak. Haha. Well, you know ada certain people they read newspaper in the toilet, so sama jugak kan? Okay, then Amy commented on that sentences, she said she's impressed and she remembered that her parents even put a lot of books on the racks outside the toilet in case anyone would want to read a book in the toilet. See?? That means, our habit sebenarnya orang American pun dah buat. Haha.
My point is (okay, tell me dah berapa kali I intended to say about my point? Okay, honestly, I forgot what was my main point. Sorry. But let me just go on with what I have in mind. Boleh ke?). Biasalah dah a few days terperap dalam rumah, and almost a week of not having classes, I lost my ability to put the things I had in mind into words. Haha.
Read aloud to children is important. Really. Though they still can't talk nor read, they actually are learning something. That's how they learn new words. According to one study, the differences between low socioeconomic status and mid-high socioeconomic status are 30 to 34 thousands less word utterances. That is seriously banyak okay? The low SES people, can't afford to buy children's books or any books for their children because they need the money to buy other crucial things to survive and support their families. Takde masa nak read aloud to their children. So, kita yang Alhamdulillah ada kemampuan dari segi masa dan kewangan, make use of your 24 hours to spend some quality times with your children to read a book to them. Tak kisah lah, bacakan Al-Quran ke, cerita pasal sirah ke, bacakan english books, red riding hood or whatsoever. Janji you do read something to your children. Guna bahasa yang betul (bukan guna suara pelat okay?) You can use the infant-directed speech, iaitu guna higher-pitched, more melodic and emotionally-charged tone. Tapi tak perlu memelatkan diri.
Sebab nanti your child akan terikut-ikut the way you talk. And jangan cakap laju sangat jugak. Susah bebudak nak ikut jugak. Haha. Tetiba serius kan? Lewls
I watched "The Return of Superman", a Korean reality and variety show. There are a lot of important things that you can learn when you watch this program, serious. Selain dipaparkan dengan muka-muka chubby dan cute serta perangai-perangai comel bebudak tu, you can learn some things about parenting. Contohnya, after taking two subjects of human development, I now know that Song Il-Kook's parenting styles is the best. Serious. You can just Youtube his video. He's the father of Song Daehan, Song Minguk and Song Manse (Triplets). I even used his videos to write an essay for Human Development class. I recommend you to watch this program. Kalau malas, you can just skip the other fathers' part and just watch Song Il-Kook's. Put aside all your stereotypes about Koreans' program and just watch this with "parenting styles" theme in your mind. You'll learn something.
Okay, all the best! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment