اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ
I worked as a food server in Memorial Union Food Court in my Uni. Honestly, I enjoyed working there despite how numb my foot would feel at the end of the day. Why?
I get to meet a lot of people, to greet and change their day. I like it when I get to make them smile after they bought food from my stall. Also, I get to work with a lot of amazing people. So, today's post is for that someone.
I knew him in Fall 2015. He is from India and came to ISU to continue his post-grad school. He's a good listener and a good motivator too. I remembered when I was considering whether to take the Play Director position for MCN or not, he completely supporting me to take it. He said, it's a good opportunity for you to reach out what you like to do.
Also, when I had a severe sore throat that went on for weeks, he brought me tea from India and taught me (by saying it), how to make a good cough syrup that is better than the cough syrup sold in Walmart. (kekadang tu curik2 jugak minum air berais, habis kena bebel, both dengan Carol and Prathamesh).
Oh, did I tell you his name is Prathamesh? We worked together until Fall semester ends. I asked if he's going to continue working there, and he said no. He got an offer to work as a research assistant.
:(
So, in Spring semester, we never really got to meet each other almost everyday morning like we used to before. But, we still bumped into each other when I had MCN practice on Friday night and he was at the gym to exercise. On my second last Friday, which was one week before graduation, I saw him cycling in the gym, so I walked up to him just to say hi. I told him that I'm graduating this semester and all. And he was shocked when I told him that. I was a bit in a rush because I was at the gym to play volley, so my teammates were waiting for me. He asked for my facebook name and I gave it to him. And so, we waved goodbyes to each other.
One day after that, this was what awaits for me in the Private Message in Facebook.
I worked as a food server in Memorial Union Food Court in my Uni. Honestly, I enjoyed working there despite how numb my foot would feel at the end of the day. Why?
I get to meet a lot of people, to greet and change their day. I like it when I get to make them smile after they bought food from my stall. Also, I get to work with a lot of amazing people. So, today's post is for that someone.
I knew him in Fall 2015. He is from India and came to ISU to continue his post-grad school. He's a good listener and a good motivator too. I remembered when I was considering whether to take the Play Director position for MCN or not, he completely supporting me to take it. He said, it's a good opportunity for you to reach out what you like to do.
Also, when I had a severe sore throat that went on for weeks, he brought me tea from India and taught me (by saying it), how to make a good cough syrup that is better than the cough syrup sold in Walmart. (kekadang tu curik2 jugak minum air berais, habis kena bebel, both dengan Carol and Prathamesh).
Oh, did I tell you his name is Prathamesh? We worked together until Fall semester ends. I asked if he's going to continue working there, and he said no. He got an offer to work as a research assistant.
:(
So, in Spring semester, we never really got to meet each other almost everyday morning like we used to before. But, we still bumped into each other when I had MCN practice on Friday night and he was at the gym to exercise. On my second last Friday, which was one week before graduation, I saw him cycling in the gym, so I walked up to him just to say hi. I told him that I'm graduating this semester and all. And he was shocked when I told him that. I was a bit in a rush because I was at the gym to play volley, so my teammates were waiting for me. He asked for my facebook name and I gave it to him. And so, we waved goodbyes to each other.
One day after that, this was what awaits for me in the Private Message in Facebook.
Lewl. He's being over-protective. No worries, insyaAllah my future husband will protect me as well and not giving me troubles. :)
Guess what Prathamesh? I'm the one who can't remember what was 'the house with swimming pool' is about. HAHA, sorry.
That's us, wearing Halloween costume that Carol asked us to wear. HAHA.
To you, Prathamesh, best of luck for the remaining semesters for your post-grad. Thank you for listening to all my worries and experiences. Also, thank you for your hardwork of learning Bahasa Melayu as well as Korean (sikit2) from me. Hihi. Even when life hits you hard, I hope you will always stand strong. All the best for your future endeavors. Also, may everything goes well for you and your girlfriend. :)
See you when I see you, insyaAllah.



No comments:
Post a Comment